Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Thanking Bob Sherman

I kinda can't recall how at this point, but tonight I discovered Bob Sherman's Linked In profile and his blog which I never knew existed. I'm tremendously sad that I'm too late to reconnect with him, as Bob passed in 2011.

Bob was my first "real" boss.  He and Jon Olken took a chance on hiring me for their admin back in the 1980's - I was a fresh college grad desperate to break into the advertising business.

I have so many vivid memories of working at Della Femina Sherman & Olken, which I remember fondly and with tremendous gratitude. And, truth be told, with lots of smirking and laughing at the shenanigans that were a daily part of life working for an ad agency at that special time.

Now, looking back not only am I in awe of his overall career, but so grateful to have had the opportunity to have rubbed elbows with him. I was able to get a glimpse into his amazing talent, salesmanship and advertising genius - all right alongside of his tremendous love for his family.

Sometimes, you don't realize who the most important influencers in your life are until they are no longer here to thank.  If I could see you tomorrow, I would thank you, Bob Sherman. For taking a chance on me and teaching me how to succeed. I will never forget you.




No comments:

Post a Comment