Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Government Shuts Down

Typically I love waking up on October 1st. It's the start of my very favorite month of the year.

But as I woke this morning, I heard the news of the Government shut-down starting today from our bedside Sony Dream Machine clock radio. (Yes, it's ancient, I'll post a pic soon).

This means a half day's work for my spouse, which when unexpected, is greeted with the same joy as a snow day when you were a kid.

But hopefully this won't turn into an protracted vacation. With two kids in college, having even one paycheck compromised is a scary thing. (And my paycheck will be going through some changes too. We'll get to that in a later post.)

For all the Federal employees who really work for a living, I sincerely hope our elected officials can get this straightened out quickly.




No comments:

Post a Comment